Rules for domestic and international passengers
As part of the security protocols established by authorities, all passengers flying on a domestic flight between Guayaquil and Quito will need a negative quick COVID-19 test, taken no more than 24 hours before their flight, prior to embarking.
In the same manner all passengers arriving to Guayaquil on international flights must have a negative COVID-19 test result, taken no more than 72 hours before their flight.
Passengers need to take a COVID test for any flight between Guayaquil and Quito, following these guidelines:
- a. In order to board passengers will need a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours in before their flight. This test must be done in a government-authorized laboratory.
- b. If passengers do not have this test then they can take a quick COVID test either in a government-authorized laboratory or at special designated locations at the airport. These test must be taken no more than 24 hours before the flight. Should IgM results return positive, they will need to do a PCR test to confirm.
- c. This requisite will remain in place until July 6, 2020. After this date tests will be taken randomly at the airport.
- d. The companies tasked with managing the airports of Quito and Guayaquil will coordinate control and tests together with health authorities.
Passengers that already went through quarantine (APO) won't need to take a COVID test. The certificate given by the Ministry of Health at the end of APO is a valid document to confirm their health and authorize embarking.
Source: National Emergency Committee https://www.gestionderiesgos.gob.ec/resoluciones-coe-nacional-19-de-junio-2020/.
|Entering Ecuador||• Fill out traveler's health form
• Special migratory form.
|PCR test||With PCR test:||Negative result, no more than 7 days befor trip: APO (14 days quarantine). Ecuadoreans and residents can stay at their homes, while foreigners will have to go to government-assigned temporaty lodgings.|
|Without PCR test:||Mandatory COVID-19 test on arrival. APO (14 days quarantine) in government-assigned temporary lodgings.|
|Mandatory preventive quarantine (APO):||Home:||• Negative PCR test, no more than 7 days before.
• Priority care groups and company.
• After 7 days you can request a PCR test in order to change to a residence. Cost covered by user.
|Temporary lodgings:||• No PCR test.
• Locales determined by government.
• Costs covered by traveler.
• Friends/family in contact with traveler since arrival must also go through APO.
International departures have no additonal requierements. However we advise checking if the country you're traveling to has any additional documentation.
See all of today's arrivals and departures.
Contact & info
We open our doors to the world
With the arrival of Spirit Airlines from Fort Lauderlade / United States, the Airport of Guayaquil opens its doors to the world. We welcomed 128 passengers while maintaining all safety protocols.
TAGSA is proud to keep offering a safe enviroment to meet, and a symbol of progress. "Flying makes you free".
SMS Incident report
Platform for reports of incorrect behaviour or ethics in our company