Security and Workplace Health Management System (SST)
TAGSA (Terminal Aeroportuaria de Guayaquil S.A.), concessionaire fo the Airport of Guayaquil, through qualified personnel performs inspections in all airport areas in order to prevent risk factors that could lead to accidents or health issues in the staff, as part of the airport's Security and Health Management System, established according to law.
Members of the Health and Safety Committee maintain constant security and health education and training, an important resource in enforcing prevention rules for airport work activity.
Environmental Management System
TAGSA, in compliance with the environmental legal framework and after performing the relevant environmental studies, implemented the Environmental Management Plan in order to prevent, control and mitigate whatever issue our daily operations may cause.
Part of TAGSA's commitment is to train and cause awareness to airport personnel, subcontractors and subconcessionaires for them to get involved and participate in various activities that benefit the environment. Currently we are in the process of obtaining José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport's Environmental Licensing, with TAGSA's commitment to comply with current environmental legal frameworks: Environment Managament Law, Ministry of Environment's Unified Text of Secondary Legislation, and Environmental Technical Norms for Environmental Contamination Prevention and Control for areas of Infrastructure: Electric, Telecommunications and Transportation (Ports and Airports).
TAGSA, manager of Guayaquil's International Airport - José Joaquín de Olmedo, committed together with society to the protection of the environment, maintains a culture of environmental pollution prevention in accordance to Ecuadorean laws, and promotes a permanent reduction of greenhouse effect gases, aimed at caring and protecting our environment and sustainable development, assigning the necessary resources and means in order to properly and permanently revise and improve all of its processes and activities.
To fulfill this, it establishes the following principles:
- 1- Fulfill established regulations according to current and applicable ecuadorean law in the subject of environmetal protection.
- 2- Perform a permanent reduction of greenhouse gases by reducing energy consumption, use of natural resources and progressive use of renewable energy.
- 3- To promote cooperation with public institutions, private companies, dealers and the community that are in the area of influence of the Airport, in order to promote the protection of the environment and to prevent possible environmental impacts by activities related to airport operations.
- 4- Raise awareness of Airport personnel, through training and awareness programs on the importance of the proper execution of their activities, encouraging their participation in meeting the environmental objectives of TAGSA.
- 5- Implement the necessary measures to inform all those who work at the airport about materials, equipment or activities that carry some risk, so that they are aware of potential hazards to their health and the environment.
- 6- Ensure the training of workers so that they are prepared to respond to emergency situations, which include a possible impact on the environment, as well as carry out the periodic evaluation of emergency plans to verify their effectiveness through programmed drills.
- 7- Collect and analyze data on accidents and incidents that have occurred in AIJJO activities, investigating possible causes, in order to establish corrections and recommendations necessary to avoid recurrence.
- 8- Encourage the management of waste in a sustainable way, aiming for their reuse.
- 9- Conduct periodic review of the current environmental policy, to ensure its compliance and continuous improvement.
- 10- Promulgate the Environmental Policy to all the employees and airport officers, public institutions, private companies, dealers, contractors and the community in general.
The senior management and management of TAGSA are committed to guarantee the means and resources necessary to achieve the objectives of the present policy of protection of the environment.Back to nav