Technical data for the Airport of Guayaquil
- ▸ Aeropuerto Internacional José Joaquín de Olmedo.
- ▸ OACI Designator: SEGU.
- ▸ IATA Designator: GYE.
Location and info
- ▸ Inside the northern urban perimeter of Guayaquil.
- ▸ Airport's reference point geographical coordinates: Center of 03/21 runway.
- ▸ Latitude: 02° 09′ 29″ S
- ▸ Longitude: 079° 53′ 02″
- ▸ You can find out airport in Google Maps.
- ▸ Elevation: 6m (19.68ft).
- ▸ Temperature average: 31°C (87,8°F).
- ▸ Runway designation: 03/21.
- ▸ Lenght: 2684m.
- ▸ Width: 45m.
- ▸ Lenght: 2935.57m.
- ▸ Width: 23m.
- ▸ 15 parking positions.
- ▸ 8 parking spots for passenger airplanes with 10 boarding bridges (this spots vary depending on the type of airplane operating).
- ▸ 8 parking spots for cargo airships (remote).
- ▸ 7 parking spots for general aviation planes.
Rescue and Fire Control
- ▸ Proteccion category: 9.
- ▸ Critical Airplane: Boeing 767-300.
- ▸ Operating personnel: Aeronautical firefighters, radio operators, MES (Medical Emergency Service) personnel.
- ▸ 24 hours, all 365 days of the year.
Back to nav
- ▸ 2 OSHKOSH T-12 firetrucks: Capacity of 3170gl of water and 410gl of AFFF.
- ▸ 1 OSHKOSH T-1500 firetruck: Capacity of 1500gl of water, 190gl of AFFF and 500lb PQS.
- ▸ 1 OSHKOSH T-2500 firetruck: Capacity of 2500gl of water 410gl of AFF and 500lb PQS; Snozzle equipment (hydraulic arm which penetrates airplane hulls, unique in South America).
- ▸ 1 Ford-350 rapid intervention equipment: Capacity of 500lbs of PQS, 94gl of water and 6gl of foam concentrate to 6.
- ▸ 1 logistics support truck.
- ▸ 1 all-terrain vehicle for logistics support charged with towing the Triage Trailer.
- ▸ 2 ambulances.
- ▸ 1 Triage Trailer equipped with first aid kits, oxygen, stretcher, etc. all ready for our critical airplane, considering up to 250 passengers.